Colton Moody, CEO of Choice LLC, says that he enjoys being an entrepreneur and building businesses. Prior to joining Choice, Colton Moody served as CEO of Momentum Marketing, where he grew the company from 10 employees and $3 million in revenue in 2001 to 250 employees and $450 in revenue by 2008. As team leader of Omni Group, a sales and marketing company, Moody had the highest sales in the company year after year.
An entrepreneur is a person who initiates a business, usually with some potential risk involved. Entrepreneurship generally requires long hours and great sacrifices, but the potential for rewards can be tremendous. The following characteristics make a successful entrepreneur:
1. Leadership-oriented. An entrepreneur is required to demonstrate strong decision-making capability along with the ability to motivate people toward a common goal.
2. Self-motivated. A successful entrepreneur works tirelessly to resolve problems as they arise.
3. Attentive to ethics and integrity. Those who do not manifest integrity will find themselves without willing business partners or customers.
4. Not afraid of failure. Calculated risks must be taken in order to obtain rewards.
5. Innovative. Entrepreneurs are always coming up with new ideas or working to improve existing ones.
6. Eager to learn. Success demands the willingness to ask questions when necessary.
7. Competitive. Entrepreneurs enjoy a challenge and enjoy winning.
8. Connected to a strong network of peers. The best entrepreneurs understand that they cannot succeed alone.